|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1247.|
Year 1247 (MCCXLVII) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- July 2 – A document issued by king Béla IV of Hungary, granting territories to the Knights Hospitaller in the Banate of Severin and Cumania, makes an early mention of Litovoi and other Vlach/Romanian local rulers, in Wallachia and Transylvania.
- December 1 – A rebellion arises among the Muslim subjects of the Crown of Aragon, in the region of Valencia. As a punishment, the king issues an order of expulsion of the Muslims from his realm, leading numerous people into exile in Andalusia and North Africa, in the subsequent year.
- Shams Tabrizi disappears, resulting in Jalal Uddin Rumi writing 30,000 verses of poetry about his disappearance.
- Romford, London, England is chartered as a market town.
- The future Bethlem Royal Hospital, Bedlam, is founded in London.
- The Thuringian War of Succession begins.
- Qin Jiushao publishes the original form of the Chinese remainder theorem.
- Egypt takes control of Jerusalem from the Kharezmians.
- Nijmegen becomes part of Gelderland.
- Afonso III succeeds Sancho II, as King of Portugal.
- Song Ci publishes the Collected Cases of Injustice Rectified, a book considered to be the first monographic work on forensic medicine.